Newcastle University UCU are running a number of local events during the week from Monday 27 February until Friday 3 March, 2017. All University staff and students are invited to come along to discuss their concerns with UCU members and about the role and activities of UCU (both nationally and locally) and learn about the benefits of membership. The past year has already shown how a strong local UCU branch can positively impact on the the work environment at Newcastle University and joining the union is one important way to contribute to that.
At a national levelUCU is the largest post-school union in the world: a force working for education that employers and the government cannot ignore. It understands the work you do, and the problems you face. And, of course, the more members UCU has, the more effective the support and protection we offer will be. Whether you are an academic, lecturer, trainer, instructor, researcher, administrator, manager, computer staff, librarian or postgraduate from a university, college, prison, adult education or training organisation, UCU is the union for you, so come along to work of the local recruitment events below to find out more.
For more information on UCU visit the national UCU website.
- Monday 27 February
- 12.30-1.30pm School of Marine Science and Technology: MAST conference room Armstrong Building 1.53B
- 1.15-2.15pm School of Chemical Engineering and Advanced Materials: Bedson Building 1.19
- Wednesday 1 March
- 12-1.00pm School of Agriculture, Food and Rural Development, Agriculture Building 3.05
- Thursday 2 March
- 1-2.00pm School of Chemistry, Bedson Building 2.76
- Friday 3 March
- 1-2.00pm All SAgE staff, Merz Court L202.